My Acer Switch 10 Doesn't launch windows

thomagron

Estimable
Nov 10, 2015
So, I've got an Acer switch 10. It runs windows 8, although, I cannot get past a bluescreen.

When turning the laptop on, after the Acer logo windows gives the bluescreen error : 0xc0000142 for one second. after that it restarts and it says "a requiered device isn't connected or can't be accessed. error code: 0xc0000185"

I've tried running it in save mode, and repair mode. both no effect. Also tried to run of a bootable usb stick, but that doesn't seem to work.

Is there any one who can help me?

thomagron

Estimable
Nov 10, 2015

Removed the battery, no idea where the hard drive and memory are, i think they are on the motherboard, so removing them is impossible. other way to reset?

SgtScream

Estimable
Dec 8, 2016
You should be able to see your hard drive listed in the bios somewhere. That tells me there's something wrong with either the hard drive or connectivity to it. I would try and re-seat the hard drive. Did anything change recently, that you think might have triggered this?

thomagron

Estimable
Nov 10, 2015

Didn't change anything I dont think.
How can I re-seat the hard drive? Opened up the tablet part and the keyboard part, but cant find the hard drive. think its on the motherboard it self. do you know how I re-seat it?

thomagron

Estimable
Nov 10, 2015
I've restarted the laptop about 100 times. suddenly it starting to repair itself. first time came around 20% and crashed. second time 24% 10th time 31%. so if someone has this problem. try restarting about 100 times