My Astro a50 headset picks up my mic but I can't hear any sound

Shadowhazza

Estimable
Mar 3, 2014
I have been having problems with my astro's recently. They have been cutting out and not working, causing me to restart my computer often. But then this happened. The headset just cut out and I can't hear anything anymore. When I take a look at my sound tab I can see that the headset is picking up my microphone and playing the sound, I just can't hear it. I tried it in all my usb ports to no avail. Can anyone help me?

esco_sid

Honorable
May 11, 2012
usb only connects the mic and power for mixamp actual sound comes trough the spdif connection check to see if it is connected properly and correct playback device is selected on the PC.

Shadowhazza

Estimable
Mar 3, 2014

It is connected properly and the correct device is selected, just no sound comes out

bananaman23

Estimable
Apr 28, 2015
heyy, i had the exact same problem as you and came to this link to find help. on one side of your headset (i think right) there are to words, something(maybe voice?) and game, you can push down on these buttons and they shange how much of each you can hear (just push down on the words) and click on the game enough times and you should start hearing your game volume again! Hoped this helped!

Bradley_3

Estimable
Oct 13, 2015

This helped me, thank you. :)