My asus laptop with preinstalled windows 8 kept crashing so I tried to reset it I got a message thatthe reset failed

Molly_Grace

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
After that I couldn't start windows at all and the windows 8 boot disk I downloaded didn't work either can anyone please help

Solution
Methinks the diagnosis is drifting towards Hardware failure in the form of Hard Drive problems. Ideally if you have another PC capable of burning a disk you would download and burn to disk Seatools for DOS
http://www.seagate.com/support/internal-hard-drives/consumer-electronics/ld25-series/seatools-dos-master/
This would create a bootable disk capable of checking out the functionality of your Hard Drive.
If this is not possible, contact your Vendor with a view to returning the unit for repair.
Meanwhile once you get up-and-running be sure to create
1. Repair Disk
2. System Image
This can be achieved by typing 'Recovery' at your Start Screen, and from Settings choose Windows 7 File Recovery. This screen contains links to both the above...

dodger46

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
From whence did you download a Boot Disk? Not from a M'soft site I suspect... Meanwhile what make/model Laptop? There's probably a Recovery Partition accessible from a Function Key to restore your 'top to Factory Settings...

Molly_Grace

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
Below are the name and specs of my laptop I have had it for a month

ASUS G75VW

3d Gen Intel® Core i7-3630QM, 2.40-3.40GHz
17.3 " FULL HD 1920x1080
1TB ULTRA SATA Hard Drive
32GB Memory ( DDR3 RAM) MAX 32 GB
Build in Mic and Web Camera !
4GB Total nVidia GeForce GTX 660M 2GB Dedicated
Super Multi 8x DVD+RW -Write DVD and CD
3D Audio with EAX Advanced HD 4.0
4G WiMAX and WIFI A/G/N Wireless Card
Windows 8 64bit

dodger46

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
From your Manual
wgkXwTD.png

Unless you have created partitions that you want to keep, suggest the second option as that appears to restore the machine to as it left the Factory..

dodger46

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
Methinks the diagnosis is drifting towards Hardware failure in the form of Hard Drive problems. Ideally if you have another PC capable of burning a disk you would download and burn to disk Seatools for DOS
http://www.seagate.com/support/internal-hard-drives/consumer-electronics/ld25-series/seatools-dos-master/
This would create a bootable disk capable of checking out the functionality of your Hard Drive.
If this is not possible, contact your Vendor with a view to returning the unit for repair.
Meanwhile once you get up-and-running be sure to create
1. Repair Disk
2. System Image
This can be achieved by typing 'Recovery' at your Start Screen, and from Settings choose Windows 7 File Recovery. This screen contains links to both the above. Ideally create on USB Flash drives (Too many failures on DVDs!)

One other possibility is a failed RAM stick, this could be checked by removing one stick at a time to see if matters improve, (but don't void your Warranty by breaking any seals to remove RAM (Unlikely, but just-in-case...)

Solution

Molly_Grace

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
yeah thanks dodger46 I feel like a right fool about now for not making it a priority to create a repair disk and system image when I got my machine in the first place. I will give the site you mentioned a try the set tools for Dos and thanks for the help I appreciate you taking the time to try and help me.

schoolgirl68

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014

Totally same thing happened to me - on basically a brand new laptop. What did you do??

GigaGerard

Estimable
Apr 25, 2014
My kernel crash on Asus Windows 8 64 bit always happens when npsvctrig.sys "named pipe service trigger provider" is loaded (succesfully the system log says). Issues with npsvctrig can be Googled. Solution none (so far).