Just to ask, you mentioned that you already bought a new charger for your laptop right? Is the new charger not working as well with your laptop? Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First, do try doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again and see if it will charge or not.
- Next is to test the AC adapter if it's supplying enough power to charger and power the laptop.
- Remove the battery off the laptop again then power the laptop with just the AC adapter connected and see if it will boot up with not problem.
- If the laptop will not boot up with just the AC adapter connected that means it's the AC adapter is faulty.
- But if the laptop will boot up with just the AC adapter connected that could only mean that it's the battery that is faulty.
- Do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage that may help.