My Asus X502c laptop won't turn on

karianlala

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
I fully charged my laptop and put it in sleep mode. When I woke up, it was turned off. I tried pushing the power button but it won't turn on and when the charger is plugged in the light does not come one either. I don't know what to do since I can't take my battery out. Will the battery drain itself so that I can hard reset or ....

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds until all the lights turn off.
- Here's a video on how to disassemble the laptop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AGXs6LhzL8
- If this will not work, do test the AC adapter if it's working properly. Remove the battery and power the laptop with just the AC adapter connected and see if it will boot up or not. do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will work or not.
- Proceed with reseating the RAM's if trying a different AC adapter will not work, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If it will still not work, connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it. If there's a display on the external monitor that could mean that the problem is the built in display.
- If the laptop is still under the factory warranty do contact ASUS for a repair.