My blu ray has all sound connected to it. I have a hdmi connected to my non smart tv.

Mar 16, 2018
I want to watch a movie from my laptop using my flat screen and bluray. Have rca and hdmi plus have USB and auxillary.

Solution
Assuming that by blueray you mean a HTS with a blueray player built in you just need to connect the laptop to the TV with HDMI. The HTS would also connect to the TV with HDMI. If the TV and HTS both have ARC then you don't need an additional cable to get audio from the TV to the HTS. Follow the instructions in the TV manual and HTS to set up ARC.
If you don't have ARC in both you will need to connect the audio output of the TV to the HTS. Probably with an optical audio cable. That usually requires set up too.
Assuming that by blueray you mean a HTS with a blueray player built in you just need to connect the laptop to the TV with HDMI. The HTS would also connect to the TV with HDMI. If the TV and HTS both have ARC then you don't need an additional cable to get audio from the TV to the HTS. Follow the instructions in the TV manual and HTS to set up ARC.
If you don't have ARC in both you will need to connect the audio output of the TV to the HTS. Probably with an optical audio cable. That usually requires set up too.

Solution