my browser is being redirected how do l stop this

pabbass1

Commendable
Jan 30, 2017
56.0.2924.76 (Official Build) beta (64-bit) is the version of chrome l'm on currently. l'm being redirected constantly.

To date: l've gone into safe mode and run ccleaner malwarebytes adaware, rkill 64 bit to no avail, l'm still experiencing redirects and new browser opening constantly.

ls there a sure way to solve this? Should l load an earlier version of Chrome? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks in advance, gary

Solution

Normally that works. But Chrome is a bit tricky in that if you link it to your Google account, it will sync its configuration and extensions to the cloud. After you reinstall Windows and reinstall Chrome, when you login to your Google account, it'll pull that configuration and extensions from the cloud, and (if it was a config/extension problem) you'll be right back at square 1.

To fix it, you not only have to remove the malware from your system, you have to scrub Chrome's cloud backup.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6386691?hl=en

In fact, that's what I'd try...
usually when I get to the point that I've spent hours and hours on something and scanning and removing and it keeps coming back, I just reinstall Windows. Whatever it is, is so deep. you may experience months down the road as it sits waiting for a backup server to come up and get new code and instructions. lol.

Normally that works. But Chrome is a bit tricky in that if you link it to your Google account, it will sync its configuration and extensions to the cloud. After you reinstall Windows and reinstall Chrome, when you login to your Google account, it'll pull that configuration and extensions from the cloud, and (if it was a config/extension problem) you'll be right back at square 1.

To fix it, you not only have to remove the malware from your system, you have to scrub Chrome's cloud backup.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6386691?hl=en

In fact, that's what I'd try first before reinstalling Windows. Reset Chrome's sync backup and clear all sync data. Then completely uninstall Chrome. Delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome folder. Then reinstall Chrome.

Solution