My computer screen is black when i turn it on and the number lock and cap lock l

Altoids2800

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
So, I dropped my hpMini and when I turn it on, the screen remains black, the caps lock key is blinking orange and after a minute or so, the fan starts going really fast, there is no crunching sound, the laptop was plugged in charging, but I am pretty sure it was in hibernation mode> Can anyone help?

phyco126

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
What kind of surface did you drop it onto? At about what distance did the laptop fall?

Either you took out the harddrive, or you damaged one of the components inside.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TacoFun Laptop Tech Support 0
Naroa Laptop Tech Support 0
Dragonsbloodmoon Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
Z Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 14
M Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 4
D Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question Computer screen going black while i'm in the middle of doing stuff, ASUS FX505D
Question Why does my screen turn black when I use my pen? (Acer Spin 5)
Question Laptop screen issue (haven't found exact issue elsewhere)
Was working on my computer laptop. When it just clicked and the screen went black.
My screen on acer aspire one notebook is black and when i turn it on it beeps and then nothing i dont understand
Solved! horizontal black lines showed up and grew on my chromebook screen?
Solved! My laptop screen comes on but it's stuck, it isn't black, the screensaver is visible but i can't access the computer. I press
Solved! I was watching Netflix there’s black screen came on my computer said no bootable devise insert boot disk and press any key
Solved! my screen is not showing letters due to black contrast settings how do i fix that
Black screen computer
I have all in one computer. I turn my computer on and it's completely black the screen. Put power light on. Can you help me
No fans, black screen, and no beep Asus gaming laptop.
Weird flashing black lines on computer screen?
Solved! Toshiba laptop black screens after boot logo, regardless of how its booting.
When i computer turn on the pc screen will be black Theme
Screen went black after exiting BIOS
Solved! get rid of my black and white screen
My lenovo desktop computer will turn on but I get a black screen; I already tryied the options I read but they didnt work
Toshiba C55 Laptop Black Screen After Logo
Black Screen and White Underscore

ASK THE COMMUNITY