My Dell Inspiron 1721 integrated video card has died and would like to know if I can take my existing hard drive with Windows

bigwoofer

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
AS LONG as there's no password on your login, the answer is yes :) Using an USB hard drive enclosure or adapter will give you access to your FILES, but not be able to run paid-for-programs in most cases.

pmekin

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014

That is the main reason for this post. I have several programs that needs several steps done, one of which is to "de-authorize" the computer to be able to install on another computer. With my integrated video card not working, I am unable to do that.
http://

pmekin

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
On a separate note, my initial problem was that I was unable to boot up my computer after using it the night before. The power & bluetooth lights up, for a second, then off, then the battery light flashes for a second, then nothing.

bigwoofer

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
The program requiring you to deauthorize should have an option on their support site to deauthorize it on their server-side of the authorization process, to cover cases just like this. Have you contacted that company?

Regarding your current boot up, try unplugging power, removing the battery. Then replace the battery and power up.

Have you tried an external monitor yet?