My Dell latitude e6510 won't connect to the Ethernet? It connects to the Wi-Fi fine

soulblessediva

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016
My Dell latitude e6510 will not connect to the Ethernet everything is connected fine but no worky worky. It connects to the Wi-Fi perfectly. I brought it refurbished on eBay. Please some one help!!!!

Solution

The link that I gave you originally leads to the manufacturers page for that specific computer so Im %100 positive as to it being compatible drivers. I've done most of the work for you, now you just need to select the ethernet driver from the drop down list and download to install.

In fact to save you even more time, heres the link to the specific driver youre looking for direct from Dell's website for the e6150. Just click download and install...

soulblessediva

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016
So do I download load one from Dell? And how sure are you that it will work because it's hard to find one that is compatible with my laptop. Also is it as easy as it look and what are the step I need to take after it's install to my laptop.

Averst450

Estimable
Dec 14, 2015

The link that I gave you originally leads to the manufacturers page for that specific computer so Im %100 positive as to it being compatible drivers. I've done most of the work for you, now you just need to select the ethernet driver from the drop down list and download to install.

In fact to save you even more time, heres the link to the specific driver youre looking for direct from Dell's website for the e6150. Just click download and install.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=R290983&fileId=2731115712&osCode=WW1&productCode=latitude-e6510&languageCode=en&categoryId=NI

Solution