My friend have cable with Comcast & he said he will order another box for my home will it work ? & WiFi to ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyomingKnott

Distinguished
Please check (anonymously) with Comcast as to the legality of sharing his connection. You may have a legal issue there.

Otherwise, how far away from his home is yours? Houses or apartments? What's in between them? Does he already have Wifi and, if so, have you tried to connect to it?

WyomingKnott

Distinguished
Don't know, but the forum rules forbid discussing illegal activity, so I brought up the possibility. Not my job to check whether it's allowed or it's theft of services.

First test I'd do is just see if he can connect his laptop or phone to his wifi from your place. If he can, you can probably put your machines on his wifi.

From what I read in the original question, that friend is going "to order another box", so I suppose we're talking not only for Internet, but for TV, too (otherwise that "other box" would not be needed). I suppose the setup will be "my second TV is on the other room (across the street)".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 2
L Streaming Video & TVs 7
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 0
M Streaming Video & TVs 4