My Galaxy SII will not turn on past the charging icon.

PaintedSky47

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016
About a month ago, my Galaxy SII was on low battery when I was using it. I plugged it in to charge but the charging just seemed to drain the battery. I plugged it in at home, and the device showed the charging icon, but it would not turn on past that, even on 100% battery. I don't know if this is a battery issue, charger port issue, or something else. Can anyone help?

Solution
Clean the usb port with a toothbrush ... I use the wife's ... then takeout the battery.

Plug in the usb charger ... check the battery terminals are clean ... use an eraser if they dook a bit dull ... then plug the battery back in ... leave it for a few hrs to charge ... then turn it on.

If OK then great ... the battery is getting weak so never let it get low again ... shop for a new battery.

Do try another charger if this doesn't work ... its just a standard usb one for all of these series - from the S to the S5.

If it won't charge despite trying the above then get a new battery.

The S2 is heavy on juice ... but is otherwise a good fone ... better than the S3 as it has a crappy SD card system ... the 4 and 5 are also great fones...
Clean the usb port with a toothbrush ... I use the wife's ... then takeout the battery.

Plug in the usb charger ... check the battery terminals are clean ... use an eraser if they dook a bit dull ... then plug the battery back in ... leave it for a few hrs to charge ... then turn it on.

If OK then great ... the battery is getting weak so never let it get low again ... shop for a new battery.

Do try another charger if this doesn't work ... its just a standard usb one for all of these series - from the S to the S5.

If it won't charge despite trying the above then get a new battery.

The S2 is heavy on juice ... but is otherwise a good fone ... better than the S3 as it has a crappy SD card system ... the 4 and 5 are also great fones.

I like the S4 the most.

Good luck.

Solution