My google chrome has been very slow lately and I've tried many things people have told me. None have worked.

truffy

Estimable
Jul 11, 2014
From things such as deleting all browser history to uninstalling many plugins and extensions, none of tyhem have worked. I use youtube mostly all the time, when I'm not gaming or chatting. It takes about 10 seconds for a page to load and when going into fullscreen the whole site glitches out for about 3 seconds and then goes into fullscreen. It's not only Youtube, It's every web-site. I really need some help, please and thank you! :)

truffy

Estimable
Jul 11, 2014

Well then I don't know why it's slow slows these past days, because whenever I usually do a speedtest it's at 10 megabits.

M0j0jojo

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014

If you are not getting the speeds you are paying for, its best to call up your ISP and tell them you are not getting the right amount of download. Oh and also your speed can also be slowed by other residents in your neighborhood that are using the internet, especially at peak time.

truffy

Estimable
Jul 11, 2014

Well, how much are you paying for your internet, and are you getting what you're paying for? Would you mind doing a speedtest? I could consider switching companies.

truffy

Estimable
Jul 11, 2014

Ok, this is weird. It's been a while since we've spoken, and Google Chrome is still very slow. I don't think it's my internet. I did another speedtest and this was the result: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3628723622
I don't think it's my internet anymore.

Ian_T

Estimable
Jul 25, 2014

See the thread http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1951169/google-chrome-slow.html
Disabling hardware acceleration has worked for a number of people (for some reason!)

TDogNite

Estimable
Aug 18, 2014

TDogNite

Estimable
Aug 18, 2014
Hey, I've had the same problem for about two months. Anyway, I have tried all sorts of fixes posted online, to no avail. Today I decided to unplug and uninstall my wireless router and cable modem. After this I reinstalled the wifi router with the disk and reset my network name, using the laptop that was having issues. So, a fresh install of wifi router.My browsers are now super fast and responsive again. I think one of the Windows updates had something in it that was failing to communicate with the old router set-up. Hope this helps!

UJ Pinder

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013