my gpu PCIe is disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeonys1990

Estimable
Nov 30, 2014
hi, i have nvidia geforce 710M on my asus laptop but seems its not working. I have the latest drivers(installed manually cz nvidia could not find them automatically) in my devise manager i can see both graphic gards, and nvidia and my integrated. the problem is that when i run a game or something with nvidia my laptop freezes. the fan of my graphic card is working. So i download HWiNFO64 just to check, and i see that the PCIe v2.0 (5.0Gb/s) is disabled. I google it and someone fix that from bios but i cant find anything in bios to change that. (there's a chance i saw it on bios and did not recognize it seens i new with all this!) thanks for your time!!!

Solution
Laptops have some sort of locked BIOS. Anyway, for laptops, always install drivers from the laptop manufacturer website and not from GPU manufacturer. If it was Win 8 or later, you must install windows updates before installing GPU drivers.

Also, you can try having installed the discrete GPU driver only (not installing integrated GPU driver).

Agera One

Estimable
Apr 11, 2014
Laptops have some sort of locked BIOS. Anyway, for laptops, always install drivers from the laptop manufacturer website and not from GPU manufacturer. If it was Win 8 or later, you must install windows updates before installing GPU drivers.

Also, you can try having installed the discrete GPU driver only (not installing integrated GPU driver).

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.