My hard drive is damaged and i can't create Windows Recovery Disc...help?

mdb1983

Estimable
Mar 23, 2015
Hi, my windows 7 acer laptop hard drive crashed recently..well it's not completely dead, the head inside the drive went into the platter and my friend was able to move it back into place..it's still damaged because it's very slow and i had to slowly move all of my files onto an external drive, although some of it was damaged so i couldn't recover those.

But i tried to create a windows recovery disc using erecovery management and it says i have to use 4 discs...it would always fail at the first stage giving me random errors, mostly i/o errors so i don't think i could create a recovery...i'm gonna get a new hard drive but i need a recovery disc first..

I'm wondering however, my sister uses an Acer windows 7 laptop too...hers is a 5700 series like mine but it's not the exact same model, could i use her windows 7 recovery disc? like i if i burned a recovery disc using her computer, would it work on mine? thanks :bounce:

mdb1983

Estimable
Mar 23, 2015

mine is a 5742 and hers is a 5750 something...

mdb1983

Estimable
Mar 23, 2015

ok, thanks for the help. i'm actually not sure if hers is an i5 but if it is i guess that might be a problem...