My Hdmi cable not working with toshiba c850-B829

stephen_85

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016
My HDMI cable not working with Toshiba c850-B829 to Samsung LED TV what is the right driver to install?

Phillip Corcoran

Splendid
I don't think it's a driver issue.

What's more likely is that you need to use the TV's menu system to select the appropriate external input (eg AV1, AV2 etc) because the TV is unable to switch to HDMI input automatically.

When using a dedicated PC monitor that's not necessary, but when using a TV as monitor you have to set it up manually in the TV menu.

Automatic switching to the appropriate input on a TV usually only works when using a SCART cable (eg DVD Player to TV).

Phillip Corcoran

Splendid
I don't think it's a driver issue.

What's more likely is that you need to use the TV's menu system to select the appropriate external input (eg AV1, AV2 etc) because the TV is unable to switch to HDMI input automatically.

When using a dedicated PC monitor that's not necessary, but when using a TV as monitor you have to set it up manually in the TV menu.

Automatic switching to the appropriate input on a TV usually only works when using a SCART cable (eg DVD Player to TV).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Laptop Tech Support 2
Nickpug9 Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
Bonehead74 Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 0
L Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 5
G Laptop Tech Support 2
E Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 3
N Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question Screen cable shorted. Now the display is not working, but touch input is fine.
Question Replaced laptop screen cable, now screen doesn't work at all.
Question Laptop screen works only an external monitor but does not work even after replacing screen and LCD cable.
Solved! Laptop screen is black but running, works with external monitor. Changed LDC cable and screen - no dice >:
Question ASUS Laptop doesn't start from battery but did work if charging cable removed from laptop at the right time ( does not rn)
Question Laptop screen black after partial disassembly, works with HDMI cable
Question why are my red and white audio cables not working on Windows?
Solved! lcd screen doenst work (properly) anymore
I got a usb port for my new laptop ASus X507U but it does not work. Is there’s anyone could help me pls.
WiFi suddenly stops working, computer asks for Ethernet cable
Keyboard not working when reconnected?
laptop screen flickers, but works well with hdmi cable connected to T.V
Help! When I connect my LG TV via my Dell laptop, the some doesn't work. Can someone help
my internet speed is good,,intrnet is working when i connect my laptop with data cable but whenever i switch to wireless conne
Scree of my laptop is not working. I connected it to TV with a HDMI cable , When the lap top is open you can see the desktop
I have a laptop with a broken screen and I’m trying to get the HDMI cable to work by using it to connect my laptop to a smal
Z50 I drained the battery while working and when plugged in there was no response so I bought a new lead. It's still dead. Is
I can not connect my Toshiba laptop to a my tv with a hdmi cable but it works with an old samsung/
Toshiba c660d not showing mains power at all. Cable works on friend's laptop. Any suggestions please?
what driver do I install to get my toshiba hdmi port to work

ASK THE COMMUNITY