my headphones aren't working

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Solution
I was hoping it was just a cell phone headset causing the issues.

I would highly recommend getting in touch with HP(and maybe trying another set of headphones) at this point. I have very little extra to try over the forums here.

You should set it back to default on speakers and headphones and not communications headphones as I think that should have worked based on other HP systems I was testing on.

Sorry about that.

nukemaster

Distinguished
By small thing I am going to guess you mean 3.5mm headphone jack.

Please try right clicking Communications headphones and setting it as default(so you will have NO checkmark on "Speakers and Headphones" and just the check on "Communications headphones").

After that is done, please restart any program that are using sound before trying to see if you have sound(you may also have to adjust the volume).

nukemaster

Distinguished
Very strange. do you have another audio control panel with the system. HP has beats audio still?

Do you have multi streaming on.

I just tested on a system with a IDT hd audio codec and as soon as headphones had been plugged in it instantly started to play on them.

Do the notebook speakers MUTE when the headphones are plugged in?

nukemaster

Distinguished
muti-streaming would allow the headphones to playback different sounds than the computer it self.

Do your headphones have 3 or 4 contacts on the plug? and do they have a built in mic?
jacks1rh6nx.jpg

nukemaster

Distinguished
I was hoping it was just a cell phone headset causing the issues.

I would highly recommend getting in touch with HP(and maybe trying another set of headphones) at this point. I have very little extra to try over the forums here.

You should set it back to default on speakers and headphones and not communications headphones as I think that should have worked based on other HP systems I was testing on.

Sorry about that.

Solution

MNeto

Estimable
Dec 15, 2014
Mr. nukemaster i'm having that same problem with the headphone, but mine, when i put on sound there is no headphone icon, and i've already tried to show disabled, but still no headphone