My Headset's Microphone Is Not Working On My Notebook

wiceilith

Prominent
Jul 17, 2017
Hello guys.
Firstly my English is very bad :D
I have got a Steelseries 3hv2 Headset.
I have got Lenovo Ideapad 510 (i5 6200U GT940MX) and my notebook has got Conexant High Definition Audio Driver.
I don't use my headset's microphone. It'is using my notebook microphone. What can I do? Please help me. Solve my problem guys. Thx

Solution
Well it depends on the port you are using. It is completely possible that the 3.5mm port is only output (headphones/speakers) only and not a dual input/output one. If that is the case, then it would never work with any kind of microphone. It is also possible that the port could say it is dual, but not work with all devices. Both of these issues are really common in laptops.

The simplest way around it is to get either a headset/mic combo that connects via a USB port instead, or get yourself a 3.5mm to USB adapter and connect your current one through a USB port. Should work fine then.
Well it depends on the port you are using. It is completely possible that the 3.5mm port is only output (headphones/speakers) only and not a dual input/output one. If that is the case, then it would never work with any kind of microphone. It is also possible that the port could say it is dual, but not work with all devices. Both of these issues are really common in laptops.

The simplest way around it is to get either a headset/mic combo that connects via a USB port instead, or get yourself a 3.5mm to USB adapter and connect your current one through a USB port. Should work fine then.

Solution