My computer screen is black nothing has come on for 2 days, I've had the computer for almost 2 years. It's still in good condition physically. It's caps lock button when I turn it on will blink 3 times and I read that it might mean something is wrong with the memory but everything is internal so I don't know what I can do to help. It is not under warranty anymore. Please help! Thank you!
Here are some troubleshooting steps that I suggested to others who had the same concern with their laptop.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If this will not work, do test the AC adapter if it's working properly. Remove the battery and power the laptop with just the AC adapter connected and see if it will boot up or not. do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will work or not.
- Proceed with reseating the RAM's if trying a different AC adapter will not work, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If it will still not work, connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it. If there's a display on the external monitor that could mean that the problem is the built in display.
- But if there's still no display on the external monitor that means the problem lies in the Motherboard.