My Ipod Touch 3G 32GB starts playing music on its own

importuner

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
Hi guys! Ok i have a very annoying problem with my new Ipod Touch 3G 3.1.3 Ver 32GB . I bought it 3 days ago from Sam's club. Its been three days and I'm already having problems with it. Today when i got home from work I heard a weird noise in my room. (headphone noise) When i reached for my Ipod, i found out that it was playing music. Now how is that possible if when i left i pressed the pause button and then the Sleep/awake button on top. To make matters worse after I pressed pause and turned it off with the sleep/awake button, I awaken it by pressing the Home button and it started playing music . This is ridiculous. I keep on finding threads on the web about the issue but so far nothing yet. no one has been able to figure it out. Now i was hopping that some one in here might know the cause. Ohh and the worse part is that it happens randomly so if i take it back they are going to search the problem and if it doesn't happen I'm screwed. lol . so I hope I can fix this. thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

I've had exactly the same problem, it woke me up 4 times last night playing when I didn't touch it at all! And each time I had stopped the music, turned it off, and went back to sleep! After the 4th time I was getting annoyed so I just pulled the headphones out that were plugged in, that worked as it didn't then play again or out loud.
Did you find a way to fix yours? Apple need to sort themselves put I think!
Thanks, abi