Solved! Why do I get static /sparking type of noise from my earphone when I play any sound/music suddenly ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahriar.ratul3123

Prominent
Oct 9, 2020
Actually, when I play any sound/music on my laptop, I get a static/sparking type of noise from my earphone. It happens once at the beginning when I play something suddenly. It occurs every time while playing any music after a short time of pause. And it feels so noisy that it seems like someone just hit the tympanic membrane for a moment. I have tried many other earphones (of Nokia, Apple etcetera), but the same thing happens. I'm really concerned about this & I need your help so badly. Thanks in advance.

Solution
the only other thing I can think of is to uninstall your sound drivers and reboot. see if windows will install one for you. If not satisfied with it, then reinstall the latest driver you got from dell.

shahriar.ratul3123

Prominent
Oct 9, 2020
Since it happens with multiple earphones the problem has to be in the laptop.
You can google for how to clean the headphone jack. If that doesn't help then a hardware problem would be my guess.
A workaround for this would be to get a USB DAC/headphone amp. This would bypass the audio in the laptop and also improve the sound quality.

When I uninstall my audio driver (Realtek), that problem is not happening and now "Dell Audio" is disappeared from the taskbar. Again the sound quality is kinda worse than before. Now when I go to 'Sound' option from the taskbar, I see 'High Definition Audio Driver' instead of 'Realtek Driver'. Whenever "Dell Audio" is active (after installing Realtek Audio Driver), that problem happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.