Solved! What happens if I connect RCA of a sterio speaker (3.5mm male to be used for line out)to line in of CPU ? Does it cause any harm to my speaker?

Jun 8, 2021
What happens if I connect RCA of a sterio speaker (3.5mm male pin to be used for line out)to line in of CPU ? Does it cause any harm to my speaker.

I accidentally connected speaker's RCA (3.5mm male pin) to my CPU's line in & it caused loud hissing distorted sound from speaker.
I wonder if it has damaged my speaker.
Please help me out.

Solution
always set the speaker volume at 30% at least when connecting to source,
hissing wont do anything with your speaker,cuz it due to analog signaling.

hissing sometime occur when your computer microphone section "Listen to This Device" was turned on and theres analog signaling problem that indicate signaling problem or "Microphone Boost was turned on". have you trying to disable stereo mix,or line in/aux,line in or aux in or any input signaling in your computer?

and dont forget to disable "Loudness Equalization",sometime it do boost hissing while theres ambient noises from your computer

YehezkielLee

Prominent
Aug 1, 2019
they seems a different jack,a RCA have ground,input and the 3,5mm have TRS/TRSS.
it wont do nothing,except hissing cuz of grounding signal,anyway as long they won't fit in and get stuck inside of 3,5mm ports,it is okay

maybe you need a RCA to 3,5mm jack converter

Reactions: Wrek John

YehezkielLee

Prominent
Aug 1, 2019
always set the speaker volume at 30% at least when connecting to source,
hissing wont do anything with your speaker,cuz it due to analog signaling.

hissing sometime occur when your computer microphone section "Listen to This Device" was turned on and theres analog signaling problem that indicate signaling problem or "Microphone Boost was turned on". have you trying to disable stereo mix,or line in/aux,line in or aux in or any input signaling in your computer?

and dont forget to disable "Loudness Equalization",sometime it do boost hissing while theres ambient noises from your computer

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrek John
Solution