my keyboard does not work but the on screen keyboard does

CaNdY CaNe

Commendable
Nov 12, 2016
im using the osk right now. ok so my keyboard on my laptop does not work. at some rare occassions my caps lock turns on when i press it and i press it again it stays on. this happens with some letters too. help plz

CaNdY CaNe

Commendable
Nov 12, 2016
my lptop keybord kind of works cuz i smshed my keys very hrd nd it worked, i doubt it woul work any longer i think i just needed to crush my keybord alot
lol
if you still have a solution plz give

CaNdY CaNe

Commendable
Nov 12, 2016

which one because i tried this unistalling the hid keyboard and restarted like you said and when i tried to type it didnt work. but sometimes when i spammed the numberpad on the right and a random key and it wpuld spam that key and i couldnt type anything else. btw im typing this using the osk.

CaNdY CaNe

Commendable
Nov 12, 2016

how do i do that and also my model is an hp touchsmart 15 - intel core i3 also it does not turn into a tablet.

The keyboard is located in "Control Panel" ... "Device Manager" ... "Keyboards" ... then right-click on the keyboard you are using that is listed. In the right-click menu, click on "Properties" ... then in the new window click the "Drivers" tab and then click "Uninstall" and click "OK".

Then proceed to reboot the computer.

CaNdY CaNe

Commendable
Nov 12, 2016

which one the ps/2 one or hid keybord.

If you didn't do the uninstall, it should stay listed. If it is missing, after not doing anything, then there is something else going on with the system. Perhaps the keyboard is having a physical problem rather than a software/driver one.

CaNdY CaNe

Commendable
Nov 12, 2016

well umm when i triedto take out the battery the keybord magicly worked again after taking it out and i put it back in and the keybordstill worked. but i restarted the laptop today and it stopped working. also i used my little brother's usb keybord and it workd. doess the battery have anytĥing to do with this? im using the osk to type this now.

the only keys working is the ones to change brightness and the one that turns on and off airplane mode.

CaNdY CaNe

Commendable
Nov 12, 2016

im using my little brother's usb keyboard to type this and when i just start up my lapttop today the caps lock was working but then when it went to the password screen thing it just stopped! any ideas? stil only the brightness and theairplane mode keys works. i cant use this usb keyboard forever since it is my little brother's and he needs it.

CaNdY CaNe

Commendable
Nov 12, 2016
by the way i keep my laptop plugged in ALWAYS. no exceptions. except to use the laptop for hdmi i have to plug it out. also this is a windows 8 hp touchsmart 15 laptop upgraded from a windows 8 to windows 10. i dont think the upgrade has to do anything with this as i upgraded a few months ago and the keyboard worked fine then.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 1
vronti Laptop Tech Support 0
So.Sona Laptop Tech Support 7
F Laptop Tech Support 4
B Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 3
K Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 4