My keyboard doesn't work if i press i, 8 ,k and some of my punctuation marks it doesn't type anything. i need help plzz

Jesica_1

Prominent
Apr 20, 2017
My keyboard doesn't work if i press: i, 8 ,k and some of my punctuation marks it doesn't type anything. it just stays blank. And i need my laptop for Home Work! btw i copied the keys that doesn't work from some of a site with the alphabet and i paste them in here....
Laptop: Windows 8.1
p.s. i spilled not too long juice on my keyboard but i immediately turned off my laptop took the battery out, restarted my laptop,watched tutorials about how to fix your keyboard......... and many more but it still doesn't work!! and yes i tried pressing FN lock and F11 and still it didn't work :( :(
CAN YOU HELP ME PLZZ??

Atomicdonut17

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
If you spill juice on a keyboard.. restarting doesn't do anything. You can clean it out, and that's as far as you can go until you have to replace the keypad. Sadly, laptops that're used commercially and for simple task often don't have easily replaceable keycaps/keypads. However, sometimes you get lucky. I had an issue similar to this back when I had my old Acer, where I spilled water on my keyboard. Suddenly, half my keyboard quit working, and I figured I'd have to replace it. A few days later, I used a hair dryer and slowly ran it over the keys to try and evaporate the water, and within a day, the keys worked again. :p

Atomicdonut17

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
If you spill juice on a keyboard.. restarting doesn't do anything. You can clean it out, and that's as far as you can go until you have to replace the keypad. Sadly, laptops that're used commercially and for simple task often don't have easily replaceable keycaps/keypads. However, sometimes you get lucky. I had an issue similar to this back when I had my old Acer, where I spilled water on my keyboard. Suddenly, half my keyboard quit working, and I figured I'd have to replace it. A few days later, I used a hair dryer and slowly ran it over the keys to try and evaporate the water, and within a day, the keys worked again. :p

Atomicdonut17

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017

It's not the price of the keyboard replacement that's the issue- it's the installing that tends to be the turndown. Most people who use conventional laptops aren't technically inclined, and aren't willing to go busting open their laptop to replace a keyboard. Admittedly, to the experienced person, it's easy enough- with the exception of some older models, and some small form factor laptops- but it's usually more of a pain than its worth, and opening it up can void warranty. :p

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 0
V Laptop Tech Support 1
Masiko1 Laptop Tech Support 1
shinzef Laptop Tech Support 2
ony308 Laptop Tech Support 2
Fercho0316 Laptop Tech Support 1
O Laptop Tech Support 1
Kjlaptop Laptop Tech Support 3
Kraim Laptop Tech Support 1