When I press "f" or "l" "fl" appears. When I press "o" it goes to the search bar. I have tried numerous things, but none work. In the beginning, pressing "r" would make "r9" and pressing "d" would make "d3". Those two went away, but the others remain.
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to uninstall/reinstall the keyboard driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the keyboard driver.
- Reboot the laptop once the driver has been uninstalled and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- Do test it again after the reboot and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- Next is to connect an external USB keyboard and see if it will work normally or not.
- If the USB keyboard will work normally that could only mean that the problem is with the keyboard itself.
- Last step would be to check the ribbon cable that connects the keyboard to the motherboard.
- If it will still not work, I would suggest replacing the keyboard itself.