Solved! My Keyboard is Malfunctioning

May 8, 2020
Hey. My laptop has the same issue. But U bring up UI, I brings up UI or IU, J bring up J8, 8 brings up J8, K bring up 7K, 7 brings 7K, Y brings 'Y,' , ',' bring up 'Y,' and end brings N at the beginning of the sentence. I have replaced my keyboard and uninstalled the drive as well as tried the above steps. Nothing seems to be changing. I havent spilled anything on it. And I've updated my software till recent update. I'm on HP elite book.

The steps that were provided in the a question someones with a similar issue

Solution
How do I fix it if the problem is one of the issues you have mentioned.

OS issue, try using a Linux boot disk and see if the keyboard does the same thing. For the motherboard connection, that would need a new motherboard since you already replaced the keyboard.

First test it with an external keyboard, that should tell you if it's a physical issue with the laptop or not.
May 8, 2020
You are talking about "above steps" and "same issue", without saying what you tried. Did you check the language settings for the keyboard that they are set to the correct one for the laptop keyboard?
And the same issue I'm talking about is someone had a similar problem but their keyboard wasnt as extreme as mine, theres was a few letters. I think T and G...and a few others. I did the steps provided as a solution and it didnt work for me.

As for the language settings over tried that. I've tried every possible solution on Google but it's getting me nowhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
And the same issue I'm talking about is someone had a similar problem but their keyboard wasnt as extreme as mine, theres was a few letters. I think T and G...and a few others. I did the steps provided as a solution and it didnt work for me.

As for the language settings over tried that. I've tried every possible solution on Google but it's getting me nowhere.

Did you try an external USB keyboard, does it do the same thing? Create a USB Linux Live boot disk (there are steps online as to how to make one) boot the system from that and see if they keyboard has the same issues when using Linux.

May 8, 2020
Did you try an external USB keyboard, does it do the same thing? Create a USB Linux Live boot disk (there are steps online as to how to make one) boot the system from that and see if they keyboard has the same issues when using Linux.
I don't have an external keyboard. What could bring this issue on my laptop? It was always okay. And I took care of it well. I didnt not ever spill anything on it because I'm aware of the risk. It was fine until one evening the keys brought other letters as I described.

I don't have an external keyboard. What could bring this issue on my laptop? It was always okay. And I took care of it well. I didnt not ever spill anything on it because I'm aware of the risk. It was fine until one evening the keys brought other letters as I described.

There is no way to know why it failed without finding out first where the issue is actually coming from, only thing you can do is to narrow down where the issue is. If you replaced the keyboard that leaves an operating system issue or the connection to the motherboard as the possible problems.

May 8, 2020
There is no way to know why it failed without finding out first where the issue is actually coming from, only thing you can do is to narrow down where the issue is. If you replaced the keyboard that leaves an operating system issue or the connection to the motherboard as the possible problems.

OS issue, try using a Linux boot disk and see if the keyboard does the same thing. For the motherboard connection, that would need a new motherboard since you already replaced the keyboard.

First test it with an external keyboard, that should tell you if it's a physical issue with the laptop or not.

Solution