My Laptop boots into a weird black screen which turns white on boot.

ParidhiKashyap7

Commendable
Apr 21, 2016
My laptop is Hp 450
It has Pentium 2020M
It is currently running on Linux Mint 17.3
I have had this problem for quite some time now. When i press the power button , My laptop boots into a black screen . This black screen turns white slowly in a grid like pattern.
And even after waiting for long time it doesnt start up the OS.
So, I press the power button and when this black screen appears, i shut it down by long pressing the power button. I repeat this step until if boots normally.
Sometimes i have to keep doing it for like 15 minutes sometimes even more.
I have tried changing the OS to windows(7,8.1,10), Ubuntu, Fedora, Superx etc but the problem occurs no matter what OS i have.

Solution
The problem might be your GPU (or the processor's GPU ) . Try using a monitor/TV or a different screen as main dipslay and see if it boots normaly there . I had the same problem and when i booted it with my monitor TV the whole screen was meshed up and pixels were flying all over the place , i called technical support and they told me it was because of the GPU . Anyway if the problem IS the GPU it might need replacement .

Leonniar

Estimable
Jan 31, 2016
The problem might be your GPU (or the processor's GPU ) . Try using a monitor/TV or a different screen as main dipslay and see if it boots normaly there . I had the same problem and when i booted it with my monitor TV the whole screen was meshed up and pixels were flying all over the place , i called technical support and they told me it was because of the GPU . Anyway if the problem IS the GPU it might need replacement .

Solution