Solved! My Laptop Does Not Recognize My Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry_81

Commendable
Dec 18, 2016
I've looked for this answer and they all seem to say look for 'Enable Mass USB Storage" but I find no such setting on either my laptop or the LG tablet. I want to transfer photos and videos from the tablet storage to the computer and I can't. Nor is there a way to transfer them to the SD card in the tablet, which would be a work around. The USB cable is good, because when I plug my phone in the laptop recognizes it. It just doesn't work on the LG tablet.

Solution
When the tablet is connected to the laptop via USB cord, go to "Start" and in the search type "Computer" (without the quotes of course) and from the list choose "Computer" only. In the window that pops up you should see your laptops drive, any partitioned part of the drive, and the tablet should be listed. Although it may not be listed by its actual name. It could say something else.

Double click on it and you should have access to the tablet itself.

If that doesn't work, try this...

1. After plugging in the tablet, go to "Control Panel" and then "Device Manager".
2. In "Device Manager" go to "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".
3. You should see listed the storage devices that you have connected to your laptop.
4. Right click on...
When the tablet is connected to the laptop via USB cord, go to "Start" and in the search type "Computer" (without the quotes of course) and from the list choose "Computer" only. In the window that pops up you should see your laptops drive, any partitioned part of the drive, and the tablet should be listed. Although it may not be listed by its actual name. It could say something else.

Double click on it and you should have access to the tablet itself.

If that doesn't work, try this...

1. After plugging in the tablet, go to "Control Panel" and then "Device Manager".
2. In "Device Manager" go to "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".
3. You should see listed the storage devices that you have connected to your laptop.
4. Right click on the device and then click "Uninstall".
5. Remove the tablet from the laptop and restart your system.
6. Once the computer restarts, reconnect your tablet. It should register now.

Solution

Larry_81

Commendable
Dec 18, 2016
I appreciate your effort, but none of those things can be done on this machine, apparently. I am using Windows 10 and it does enough annoying things as it is. The laptop is an HP I bought last year and it came with Windows 10. If I try Search it opens Cortana which is useless, when I type in Computer.it opens Edge as if I wanted to search the internet.
As to Device Manager-- under Universal Serial Bus Controllers I don't see anything about an LG tablet.
As I said, I appreciate your taking time to help, but this thing has me baffled.

Status
Not open for further replies.