My laptop goes to the windows 7 boot manager but won't fully factory reset with the recovery disc. It's basically stuck.

Kendra143

Estimable
Mar 30, 2015
My acer laptop goes to the windows boot manager. Then I put my recovery disc in and let it boot up. Once it boots up it goes into the system recovery options searches for the windows installations, says it finds the issue. It ask me if I want to apply the repairs and restart so I did. And that doesn't help fix the issue. But when I use startup repair, system restore, or system image recovery it still doesn't work. What do I need to do?

darkbreeze

Splendid
Sounds like the OS installation is corrupted and the restore partition as well. You may likely need to contact the OEM for a replacement recovery disk or purchase a new copy of windows and do a clean install. Just in case it's a drive issue, I'd run Seatools for DOS and test the drive. It may have significant sector damage that is the source of the problem.

Seatools for DOS: http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/item/seatools-dos-master/

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
venkateshkumar R Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 1
Chocket Laptop Tech Support 2
fughyumi Laptop Tech Support 2
H Laptop Tech Support 3
aecanive Laptop Tech Support 0
T Laptop Tech Support 6
S Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 3