Solved! My laptop got restarted randomly

Nov 7, 2021
I noticed my laptop ASUS ROG STRIX G531GT got shutdown suddenly and restarted then automatically, twice. Both of the time, I was watching movie on KM player and the laptop was running in battery. I used to always plug-in the laptop to the charging socket. But for last few days, I tried to use the laptop on battery (just to test out the battery life). What could be the possible reasons? I recently updated display drivers and audio drivers. Also when the laptop get restarted automatically, the fan runs at full speed. I can't even control the fan speed with Asus armoury crate app.

Solution
Thanks for the response. I resetted my laptop (Windows 10) 2 days ago and I haven't faced the problem yet. I will update here if that happens again. Again, thanks.
"I recently updated display drivers and audio drivers" I believe that this is a very likely cause of the issue, especially considering the fact that a Windows reset fixed it. A way to test that would be to make sure you have a System Restore date set up before you update those drivers again. After updating, check if the issue occurs, and if it does, roll back your PC to that System Restore date from before the update (or just uninstall the updates) and don't update the graphics and audio drivers.
Nov 7, 2021
Is this happening now with the charger plugged in? If so, remove the battery, and try it again using the charger only, no battery.
Could it have died when the battery ran out of charge?

Thanks for the response. I resetted my laptop (Windows 10) 2 days ago and I haven't faced the problem yet. I will update here if that happens again. Again, thanks.

mrmike16

Honorable
"I recently updated display drivers and audio drivers" I believe that this is a very likely cause of the issue, especially considering the fact that a Windows reset fixed it. A way to test that would be to make sure you have a System Restore date set up before you update those drivers again. After updating, check if the issue occurs, and if it does, roll back your PC to that System Restore date from before the update (or just uninstall the updates) and don't update the graphics and audio drivers.

Solution
Nov 7, 2021
Yeah that might be the issue

Reactions: mrmike16