My laptop has refused to boot. Say to use a disc which I don't have or contact manufacturer. It's a Toshiba satellite

Nextstar

Commendable
Jul 21, 2016
Windows boot manager. Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause
To fix the problem.
1 insert windows installation disc and follow the steps.
If you don't have disc contact system administrator or computer manufacturer

Solution
Sounds like you are going to need a Windows OS (Operating System) CD or bootable Windows OS USB device.

If you don't have either of those, see if you know someone who does. I know, unfortunately windows no longer seems to come with those, like they did at one time. Now they have it set up so that you have to make your own, once you have the computer, but people don't know that, or ignore it.

If you don't have anyone who has either of those that you can borrow, you can try contacting the manufacturer and see if they have a way for you to get one.
Sounds like you are going to need a Windows OS (Operating System) CD or bootable Windows OS USB device.

If you don't have either of those, see if you know someone who does. I know, unfortunately windows no longer seems to come with those, like they did at one time. Now they have it set up so that you have to make your own, once you have the computer, but people don't know that, or ignore it.

If you don't have anyone who has either of those that you can borrow, you can try contacting the manufacturer and see if they have a way for you to get one.

Solution