My laptop is messed up majorly.

Cykm80

Commendable
May 20, 2016
My usb ports aren't working most of the time and when they do they are really finicky, and i'll only be able to get one to work. My single audio input doesn't detect anything put into it and because the usb ports are malfunctioning i cant use the dongle for my headset. There is also a slight graphical glitch at the top of my screen, looks like if i was to put pressure on a certain point with three fingers and it would freeze up like that. Running Windows 10 on an ASUS X551MAV w/ 4 gigs of ram and integrated graphics, ran multiple virus scans from diffrent companies (AVG, McAfee, BitDefender, MalwareBytes). Found multiple guides online (Updating Drivers, Rolling back drivers, turning off the usb 3.0 port upgraded system and reverting it to a 2.0 port, uninstalling the usb system in the device manager, disabling and reenabling the root hub) but still no clue what is going on. (i had no clue what to category this as)

dextermat

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
Hi,

Didi you do a upgrade to winx or was wind x already installed ?
Sounds like a defective motherboard or bad drivers installed.

If you upgraded and the computer work fine before, I would go back to previous version of windows.

Cykm80

Commendable
May 20, 2016

It was working fine in Windows 10 until about December, the audio port started messing up slightly and progressively got worse, with the usb ports starting to mess up around mid February. Started using it in Windows 10 in about August.

Your motherboard is likely shot. Have you tried a clean Windows setup with clean driver setup? If not, try that. If that does not fix it, replace the motherboard, that should fix things. From what is happening sounds like the laptop was dropped or otherwise banged around a bit, was it?

Cykm80

Commendable
May 20, 2016

It was not, but thanks for the info.