My laptop keyboard is typing wrong symbols

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenix3

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
Help! My keyboard symbols are messed up and I have checked my language settings and they are set to U.S., which they were before.

when I try to type a quotation mark it comes out as [ and the "at" symbol types up the quotation mark. Several other keys are also mixed up. I remember this happening before and it was solved by some key combination, I don not remember it though. Please help!

Solution
The key combination you're referring to probably switched your keyboard layout.
For examply, I use Dvorak to type, but to switch over to regualar QWERTY, my family presses Alt+Shift.
Note, that's because I have it set up that way. Your combination might be different.
Try this:
Control Panel --> Search "languages" --> Click "Change keyboards or other input methods" --> Click the button that says "Change keyboards"
If you see anything other than plan "US" or "English" under "Installed Services", remove it.

kshitijmd

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
The key combination you're referring to probably switched your keyboard layout.
For examply, I use Dvorak to type, but to switch over to regualar QWERTY, my family presses Alt+Shift.
Note, that's because I have it set up that way. Your combination might be different.
Try this:
Control Panel --> Search "languages" --> Click "Change keyboards or other input methods" --> Click the button that says "Change keyboards"
If you see anything other than plan "US" or "English" under "Installed Services", remove it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.