my laptop keyboard keeps typing random letters when i press certain keys windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunterlewis117

Prominent
Sep 20, 2017
when I hit different letters and numbers different things happen to different key like backspace takes me back to the beginning when I'm typing Im a gamer so this pissed me off after this started happening a does as/ q does qw w does qw a few others do functions and fullscreen

Sedivy

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
You gotta talk to them again and explain the issues you've been having ever since you got it back. This is on them to fix, cause they messed it up. I mean it's great they replaced the hd but if it leaves you with a non-functional keyboard, that's crap service.

Sedivy

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
That's how keyboard ends up working when you spill stuff all over it and so it start ghost typing, and typing wrong things, some keys refuse to work. It's usually a mess.

shoboatright

Prominent
Nov 17, 2017

I did....and I'm having it type 9 repeatedly, so much It makes it hard to search. Right now it keeps pressing my UP arrow and going back to the beginning of my response. honestly taken me about 10 minutes to write this. it does the 9 thing when I write an e, g, h. it's not doing the 9 thing right now, but it's doing the constant up up up up, my screen is whacking out rn.

Sedivy

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
This is late but as it was not a separate thread, if you're still reading, there isn't really a way of fixing this if it hasn't happened like right this second. Sometimes when it happens, if you properly dry out the keyboard, usually for several days, without use, sometimes a lot of functions can recover though I've always had at least one key that remained stubbornly unresponsive or kept messing up. Otherwise, replacement of a keyboard is what you're left with. This can be tricky on laptops, but usually quite doable (unless it's a tablet or mac air or some such thing with no ability to exchange components). On desktops, if it's a gaming keyboard, see about warranties, otherwise just get another. Keyboards, the regular ones, are pretty cheap.

Sep 24, 2018

I'm having a similar issue though i didn't spill anything on my keyboard, it just started acting up and typing thing such as ( 2w, 3e,1q, 9o,0p, 40, 8i) and one of th3e shift buttons has refused to continue working. Ive also noticed that the up, down, and side buttons have stopped working as well. Do you have any advice?

Dec 12, 2018

I am having the same issues with the numbers on the keyboard..this is what appears as I press numbers +1-0`1\8
I am pressing one , zero, one, eight but those symbols appear and if i press seven, two digits would appear ie 67

Nothing has spilled on the keyboard, it is not heavily used either. Any new suggestions or solutions?

Jan 23, 2019

Same here exactly .....just started today.

Dec 12, 2018

What we discovered was our wireless keyboard was spoiled, and we had to remove the transmitter. We then got a new usd cable keyboard and now it’s ok. Sad we needed to get rid of a relatively underused keyboard. But yea we had to changed it, nothing wrong with hardware/software or virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.