Laptop Turns On But Does Not Boot. My laptop screen is cracked so only some part of the screen displays. its always connected to an external monitor for the full display. recently the screen is blur when i on the laptop and i cant hear the fun running but the power button and the other button lights on.
First, I would suggest opening the laptop then disconnect the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard. Once disconnected the External monitor will act as the default display and you should be able to see anything even in BIOS or while the laptop is booting up so troubleshooting would be easier. Here are some troubleshooting steps as well that may help if connecting the laptop onto an external monitor will not work.
- First is to try your laptop if it will boot up without it's battery.
- Remove the battery off the laptop then connect just the AC adapter and see if it will boot up and will stay on.
- If the laptop will stay on with just the charger connected that means it's the battery that is faulty.
- But if the same problem will persist without the battery that could mean that the AC adapter is faulty.
- Try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage or the same charger that you have and see if that will work.
- If a different AC adapter will still not work I would suggest opening the laptop and reseat the RAM's.
- Remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If all these will not work that means the problem lies in the motherboard itself.