Solved! My laptop seemed to perform better with lesser RAM

May 16, 2020
my laptop is an acer e15 e5-576g with built in 4GB DDR3L kingston RAM. some time ago I salvaged a 2GB kingston DDR3L from old laptop and put it here. Then I noticed it's handling ram poorly so out of frustration I removed the other ram. and it seemed better now. can someone tell me whats happening? I checked for memory errors but there's none. Thank you

Reactions: Satishgaur
Solution
There should be labels on each stick and they need to match completely.
Also, Windows isn't always smart enough to recognise the change so right click on the Windows square icon on the bottom left of the screen. A small Run box appears and into that, type msconfig then it the Enter key.

In the form that appears, click on Boot.ini then you can choose to show and adjust the number of processors you have and change the amount of RAM at boot time.

OK your way out and restart the machine.
May 16, 2020
I didn't know there were letters, did not notice any.
my laptop has 2 slots, the original 4GB is in the same slot as purchased, and the salvaged 2GB was on the 2nd slot. I removed the 2GB and i feel improvements. i did memory checking when both memory are still installed but there were no errors, i checked if both memory cards are recognized, etc. You think the 2GB one is defective? Thanks for the response, did't know someone will answer me quick.

There should be labels on each stick and they need to match completely.
Also, Windows isn't always smart enough to recognise the change so right click on the Windows square icon on the bottom left of the screen. A small Run box appears and into that, type msconfig then it the Enter key.

In the form that appears, click on Boot.ini then you can choose to show and adjust the number of processors you have and change the amount of RAM at boot time.

OK your way out and restart the machine.

Solution
May 16, 2020
I saw the boot.ini and the default processor is 1 and max memory is 4096 (both greyed). Thank you but I think I'll observe further before doing what you instructed. I'm scared to try it now, I know you understand. Again thank you.