Jul 10, 2018
I bought a laptop with this spec:
i3 3217u 1,8ghz
Geforce 740m 2gb
Ram 2x4gb

When i use it for gaming like Gta V, Fortnite, AC Liberation, my laptop get very hot with gpu 85 degree and cpu 91 degree.
And usage:
gpu 50%
cpu 100%
ram usage only 4gb at gta v and 2gb ac liberation

When i see a youtube video with same specification, it run better and no heating issue.
Help:heink:

Solution
Do you have any information from the original owner as to how it was maintained? It's possible that you will need to open up the laptop and replace the thermal paste as well as clean up the vents of the cooling assembly.

What OS are you on? Might want to see what your system resource usages are when the laptop is idling.

Moving thread to laptop's section.
Lutfij

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

This is a used laptop I assume? It is probably full of dust and downclocking itself. So cleaning it out with some compressed air would do wonders.

Lutfij

Splendid
Do you have any information from the original owner as to how it was maintained? It's possible that you will need to open up the laptop and replace the thermal paste as well as clean up the vents of the cooling assembly.

What OS are you on? Might want to see what your system resource usages are when the laptop is idling.

Moving thread to laptop's section.
Lutfij

Solution
Jul 10, 2018
Open it, clean it for dust and if possible, change the old thermal paste. Pay extra attention to cleaning the fans.

Also, buy a laptop cooler if you don't have one. Even the cheapest ones will beat not having one..