My laptop sometimes lags/stutters when I'm playing games like counter strike global offensive or team fortress 2

Zak1

Estimable
Dec 13, 2015
Hi,

A few weeks ago I was having problems with my windows laptop so I decided to "restore" it to a previous windows update. Since then, any time I try to play a game, not just those that require better specs, the games randomly freeze and then continue. Most of the time it happens when a lot is going on in the game i.e. in cs go when a lot of terrorists or counter-terrorists are in the same area. But does occasionally happen randomly. This usually means that I get killed quite often when I could've reacted better to avoid it. Bare in mind that this only happens for about half a second which is more than enough to mess you up. The other day I tried playing this online game called sports heads which hardly requires any computing/processing power and this random freezing happened which is kinda ridiculous.

This only started happening after the restoration. If it did used to happen before then, then it was unnoticeable and hardly affected my gameplay.

My Specs are:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60 GHZ
RAM: 8.00 GB (7.89 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
I don't think I have a graphics card/driver/whaterver but due to the fact that games were working fine before the restore, I hardly think it's got anything to do with that.

I am a noob at computers so please bare with me. PLEASE HELP.

Many Thanks.

AustinMxr1

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014
well considering you are on a laptop I would assume it is your fan stopping for a short time. This happens on my laptop when I play games. I'm not really sure what to do just an idea.