my laptop turns off exactly after 30 minutes and it is not heat related.

Apr 2, 2018
hp probook 450 i5 laptop.
always shuts down after exactly 30 minutes
only way to avoid it is to suspend the laptop
it is not heat related as on immediately restarting it works for another 30 minutes
it is even behaving similarly if it is working without hard disk on linux live usb

Apr 2, 2018
No. Checked settings. Strange problem. Even with Linux USB and without harddrive this thing happens.only way to avoid turn off is to go to sleep mode. . Can anybody tell me how to go to sleep mode in Linux. But even this is not a solution.

ronpar

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016
You can copy all Your data You want to keep. and do a factory reset. by holding down the f9 or f10 button at start up. There could be a glitch in your data causing this. Also is Your BIOS up to date? Before You do this, go into power settings, and select another power plan, in power settings, set everything to stay on, no, suspend, no hibernate, no screen fade. If this does the trick, then monkey with settings to where You want them, and see if laptop will work properly then

ronpar

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016

Glad to hear the headache is gone! Hear You on game playing. When it comes to electronics, it can be anything from small to expensive, and when it comes to me, expensive is always the answer. LOL! Regards!

Sep 1, 2018
How did you fix it? What was wrong with the motherboard? Pleade guide, bro

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 2
G Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 4
F Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 2
G Laptop Tech Support 1