My laptop won't charge always saying until fully charged but no number.

naoyaido

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017
My levono legion y520 was working great then suddenly the battery indicator was going crazy then after that my laptop won't charge. it was saying until fully charged but it's not charging it's just decreasing and I'm really scared. Could there be a possible fix?

It could be the charger is going to need replacing, or it could be in need of a battery.

Try charging it when the laptop is turned off. Not sleep or hibernate, but off. If it will charge when off, but doesn't seem to charge when on, then the charger is the problem and it will need replacing.

If it won't charge no matter if the laptop is on or off, then you need a new battery.

It could be the charger is going to need replacing, or it could be in need of a battery.

Try charging it when the laptop is turned off. Not sleep or hibernate, but off. If it will charge when off, but doesn't seem to charge when on, then the charger is the problem and it will need replacing.

If it won't charge no matter if the laptop is on or off, then you need a new battery.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Aryamaan08 Laptop Tech Support 4
O Laptop Tech Support 2
charliesfrt Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 2
H Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 5
K Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 4
O Laptop Tech Support 3
P Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 4
N Laptop Tech Support 9
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 9
M Laptop Tech Support 2
Similar threads
Question Fully charged laptop (still charging) shuts down and reboots with no charge
Question HP Pavilion 14-bf008na Laptop won’t fully charge
Question Laptop won't turn on, fully charged but no LED light
laptop battery shuts down after 3 minutes but tests fully charges after shutdown
laptop battery problem : fully charged when plugged but shut down when unplugged
New laptop battery came with battery fully charged... Should I be suspicious?
My Toshiba satellite laptop wont turn on on battery but it does on direct supply. The battery shows fully charged but as soon
Asus Battery doesn't charge fully
how can i fix the problem of my acer laptop that is not charging and wont turn on but if i put a fully charged bettry of anoth
Laptop battery not fully charging
My laptop is fully charged and when I remove the charger it turns off. What's the solution?
Will leaving my laptop plugged in & fully charged damage my battery?
New Li-ion Laptop battery Charged fully but drains within 5-10 minutes
ASUS Q524UQ Laptop refuses to charge after Battery insta-drained while plugged in and fully charged
HP Laptop fully charged but removing the charger turns the laptop off. (not shutdown)
Laptop functions perfectly with a fully charged battery: Won't charge working battery or power on while plugged in
Laptop charges to 70 or 75% then shows fully charged.when I am removing the pin it shows only 70 % charged when I am plugging
Laptop charges only when fully charged (100%)
laptop doesnt start with battery, the light shows fully charged (green). laptop only starts without battery
Is it okay to play a game on my laptop till it gets down to 10% then plug it in till it's fully charged, stop playing for 15 m

ASK THE COMMUNITY