, my laptop wont stop going `````````````` but nobody is touching the keyboard. I tried sharpkeys but no luck.

noobinaction

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017
my laptop when I go to a url or go to run it wont stop going `````````````` this key goes non stop. but nobody is touching the keyboard. I dont know where this symbol is on my keyboard to disable it? Any ideas?

Solution
Try this...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

On most keyboards that key is to the left of the 1 key at the top portion of the keyboard.
Try this...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

On most keyboards that key is to the left of the 1 key at the top portion of the keyboard.

Solution
I don't know of any 'programs' that disable just one key.

And I don't think a program would help. I would wonder if there is something in the keyboard. Either liquid or something else, that is making this happen. If it doesn't occur on an external keyboard that is what I would look at.