My laptop's fan is consantly working (when no video drivers installed).

venom0706

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
When I uninstalled my video drivers (I have GeForce GT 525M) in order to install the newest ones, my laptop's fan was constantly working during the installation of the new ones, even though it wasn't heated much.Is this normal? Do the drivers of the video card control when the fan spins? Is it normal that without video drivers, the fan spins without stopping? Now that I installed the newest ones and rebooted the laptop, the problem is fixed and the fan is working normally. I hope that you can help me. Thank you.

One of the functions of the graphics drivers is maintaining the cooling profile so it would stand to reason that the fans might run at one extreme or another since they have no direction of their own at that point.
Had it not gone back to normality after the driver installation, that would be bad.

venom0706

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
I mean, normal for the fan to constantly spin when there are no drivers?The thing is, I am paranoid and when such problem occurs, I am ready to reinstall my OS again in order to see if it's going to happen again.