My lenovo G458 wont turn on please help

Sep 29, 2018
I didn't use my laptop for almost 2years and I try to plug it in then the Led lights(orange) blinking then I turn the power on it worked but after the windows bar loads it automatically shutdown then the blinking orange led lights is gone and my laptop wont turn On.. please help guys

Solution

If it doesn't turn on at all, check the PSU with a voltmeter to see if it provides proper voltage. It could be that it's dead and needs replacement (universal PSU is only around $30). If the PSU is not at fault - the only thing to do would be to take it to a repair shop. I/0 problems in a laptop...

Moribund

Honorable
Feb 27, 2014
Is the battery removable? Can you remove it and plug it in without the battery? Try doing that and see if that fixes the issue. Not using the laptop for 2 years may have killed your Lithium-Ion battery. What you're describing happened to a couple of my customers almost word for word. Laptop turned on fine after the battery was removed.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from panda.beast.2018 : "Lenovo G458 wont turn on after automatic shutdown with orange light led blinking while plug in"

Sep 29, 2018

Yeah I already tried it still nothing happened no led lights while plug in and can't turn on.

Moribund

Honorable
Feb 27, 2014

If it doesn't turn on at all, check the PSU with a voltmeter to see if it provides proper voltage. It could be that it's dead and needs replacement (universal PSU is only around $30). If the PSU is not at fault - the only thing to do would be to take it to a repair shop. I/0 problems in a laptop cannot be fixed by an average user without technical expertise. Good luck. I hope it won't cost too much to fix

Solution