My Lenovo Thinkpad wont turn on when I press the power button and when I plug it in to charge the red dot above the i flashes

Smoking

Prominent
Jun 4, 2017
My E455 Lenovo Thinkpad wont turn on nothing happens. When i plug it in to charge the red dot above the i flashes for a few seconds and thats it. Anybody have any ideas on whats wrong or how to fix it?

Solution
Remove battery, unplug system, hold in power button for about 30 seconds. Without the battery, plug it into wall power, see if it turns on. If not, open the case, remove the CMOS battery, hold in the power button again for 30 seconds, plug in the battery and wall power, see if it turns on then. If not, could be a bad charger or motherboard.
Remove battery, unplug system, hold in power button for about 30 seconds. Without the battery, plug it into wall power, see if it turns on. If not, open the case, remove the CMOS battery, hold in the power button again for 30 seconds, plug in the battery and wall power, see if it turns on then. If not, could be a bad charger or motherboard.

Solution

tpruitt7263

Prominent
Dec 5, 2017
Try removing the cmos battery, the RAM modules, the HDD and the main battery and then power it on. The laptop will give you a series of beeps because the memory is missing. Press and hold power button to power down the laptop and unplug so you can install one of the RAM modules. At that point you will be able to access the bios. Power the device down again and install the HDD. Power back up and you should be back in.