My LG TV has stopped recognizing any HDMI input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melots88

Commendable
May 8, 2016
You know I always been happy with LG.
2 weeks ago my 55LX6500 TV just quit receiving signal HDMI and all other ports.
Has anyone Heard of a solution from LG!
I have taken the cables and unplugged from TV and plug into 2nd TV and everything works fine. Inputs were checked found OK.

Solution
How were the "inputs checked and found OK" if they don't work?
You might need to replace a board in the TV. If your TV is under warranty contact LG. If not replacement boards and help are available at
www.shopjimmy.com

Shawn_50

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
Folks this is the solution, I was skeptical at first but with an LG 60 Plasma 2011 model out of warranty and a new PCB board (has HDMI ports embedded on) was at best price $280, I could add $20 and get a 50' Brand new. Also wasn't going to pay LG $200 for a service call to fix this known issue. Again at $200 a service call I add $100 to that I have a new TV. What do you have to lose? save yourself some money and continue getting value for your investment.

Preheat oven to 385 degrees,

unscrew the back panel of the TV, their are alot of screw's, and some by the composite plugs hiding. The ribbon with tape on it, that ribbon is removed by flipping the black piece back and the ribbon slide's out. You are removing the PCB board the one with the HDMI ports on it and some USB's.

Don't be a super-hero and strip any of the outer screw's, ensure your bit is fastened securely into the screw before turning to avoid stripping those screws! I almost stripped one being lazy not applying enough force.

Other than that, it's simple to remove and put back.

Get a piece of cardboard large enough so that the PCB can lay ontop of it without any of the sides exposing.

Put the PCB board into the pre-heated OVEN at 385 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

Remove PCB board from oven, allow it to cool for 30 minutes.

Screw it back on, screw on the backplate.

Congratulations!, Your Done. Fire it up and Watch Some TV.

Website link below to the fix:

LG Plasma 60ZP550, same issue, HDMI ports went dead. Baked the Primary control board ontop of some cardboard for 8 minutes @ 385 degrees, allowed it to cool for 30 minutes., connected it back and everything is working again. The step by step tutorial on http://zedic.com/lg-42dl550-fix-repair/ is what I used, it applies to all LG TV's with this known issue. Thanks to the person that posted that fix.

Ozzy1169

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016
Well...
it's unbelievable but really works. I have a
LG 50PZ550-UA
Manufacture : June 2011

My girl and I decided to give it a try, we have nothing to lose. .we follow that instruction 385°F for 10 minutes .
Let it cool off for 35 minutes.
And. I ensemble it back together. ..and .
Works perfect. .
Thank you for all your help. .

Apr 29, 2018
For obvious reasons, I was highly skeptical when I read the idea to put the board in the oven! I figured, at this point though, I had nothing to lose, so I decided to try it before I was forced to buy a new tv. Well..... IT WORKED!!!! I couldn't believe it, but I'm glad I tried this first! Thanks for the tip!!!

Jun 12, 2018
Another upvote for the baking solution mentioned here and on related threads. With the HDMI signal gone, our telly was all but useless, so nothing to lose.

I didn't have any cardboard, so used a non-metallic lining sheet (unsure what it's called - it's a reusable form of greaseproof paper, used for lining baking trays etc).

200°C for 10 mins, time to cool, boom. Perfect working order.

Symonz1

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017
I’ve just bought, 3 weeks ago , an LG 50”
(50Uk6950PLB) August 2018
I updated the tv software via Wi-Fi on installation
I also have had an issue with ONE of the 4 hdmi inputs.
ALL 4 are being used and worked fine then some days later with HDMI 3 would not pick up my WIN 10 PC
On trying another input it worked ok
This happened a number of times & switching the tv off button did not resolve the issue.
Only by pulling the mains plug out of the socket & plugging it back in a few seconds later reset the circuit & cured the fault.
It seemed that there may also may have been a glitch with the hdmi leads or the software update.
I’ve since bought all hdmi type 2 leads this has so far cured the issue
Hope this link to hdmi types helps

https://www.trustedreviews.com/opinion/hdmi-2-0-vs-1-4-2913356

Sep 20, 2018
My LG 47LE5400 47-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV (2010 Model) was working fine until last week when all HDMIs failed (verified it wasn't cable or aux pioneer video input, e.g. my laptop wouldn't drive the screen even though the screen displayed the "no signal" icon. Tonight I removed the HDMI connector board and baked in our oven on a piece of cardboard for 13 Min at 385deg F. Allowed it to cool for 20 min and damn it works like new on reassembly! Initially the display was nonsense with grey bars. That turned out to be related to me not properly seating the pair of fine ribbon cables at the top of the board. They are tricky to reseat. Upon properly connecting, perfect.

Gam3r01

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
I am going to close this thread as it is over 2 years old, but I will allow the posts to stand as they do provide valuable insight.

Just a note to anyone who reads this from here on out, baking a PCB is only a temporary "fix" to a larger issues. Bake at your own risk and be prepared to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.