My LG TV has stopped recognizing any HDMI input

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RobSloan

Estimable
Jan 25, 2015
One minute, it was working fine with both my PS3 and Sky HD box plugged into two different HDMI ports, the next it wasn't. I left my daughter in the lounge so she may have pressed something, but she promises that she didn't. Now the TV just says no signal. I have tried all the usual turning it off and on again, swapping HDMI ports on the TV, I even tried to plug my laptop into the thrid port, but the TV still did not recognize this. I have also just connected my TV to the web and updated the software, but it still doesn't recognize anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can't afford a new TV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check the pins and sockets on each end of the cable and devices. She may have bent on of the pins or something by unplugging and plugging it back in. It's not unheard of for display cables of any type to have failures either so you might try a different cable. I'd double check the tv input settings using it's menu system as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS