My life in pieces or the damned stuff doesn’t work today

acurmysoulmate2

Prominent
Dec 10, 2017
Last week I played a movie for my granddaughter and this weekend I wanted to watch a film myself. I put the disc into the DVD player and nothing, no picture, no sound but a message “Unsupported”. Eventually, I moved the HDMI cables around, unplugged the Firestick, finally got the movie to start but no sound so I moved everything back the way it was and still no sound. To add insult to injury, when I go back to antenna TV and attempt to change channels, the TV stalls for at least about 30-45 seconds before the channel comes in. It’s as if it is having to reprogram itself each time. The screen turns to black not blue. My TV is an RCA and the DVD player is a Sony albeit refurbished. All has worked just fine until today. Anyone have an idea what the heck is going on? I hate it when this happens. One day fine. The next day kablooey.

Solution
Make sure that your antenna is connected correctly as you might have dislodged that connection during your frustration with the DVD and Firestick. You can try to rescan for channels in the TV menu. That might help you with OVA TV.
Connect the Firestick and check the audio settings if you don't get sound.
Connect the DVD player and do the same.
If the unsupported error message was generated by the DVD it might need to be updated, if possible, to later firmware to play some discs.
Make sure that your antenna is connected correctly as you might have dislodged that connection during your frustration with the DVD and Firestick. You can try to rescan for channels in the TV menu. That might help you with OVA TV.
Connect the Firestick and check the audio settings if you don't get sound.
Connect the DVD player and do the same.
If the unsupported error message was generated by the DVD it might need to be updated, if possible, to later firmware to play some discs.

Solution