My mic picks up the audio(can hear it when I play it) but when I use stuff like Discord it does not go through. Help?

Jul 10, 2018
I've tried doing what Discord says to fix it, but it no longer works. At first, it would work in the browser version of Discord but now it does not work at all. Problem surfaced shortly after I uninstalled Discord setup, but after deleting and reinstalling it does not work at all. Please help.

Solution
Undo any changes that you made.

Run the Sound Troubleshooters.

You should also find some "Restore Defaults" buttons via Properties within windows and tabs.

Windows 10?

In any case, right click the small speaker icon usually located right lower corner of the screen.

Look for Playback devices and Recording devices. Windows 10 has changed things around some so you may need to dig a bit more.

Overall there are quite of number of windows, tabs, and properties used to control and configure audio.

And there may be third party software involved with respect to your sound card or some utility apps.

Explore the windows, tabs, properties, etc. to determine if some configuration setting returned to some non-functional (in your case) default setting.

Look, keep some notes, and then try changing some setting (one setting at a time) to get things back to normal.

It will take some time and patience.

Jul 10, 2018

I tried this, but now my computer won't recognize any audio at all. Is there a way I can just return to all default settings without a factory reset?

Jul 13, 2018

Try this...

https://www.reddit.com/r/discordapp/comments/8y6m7o/microphone_stopped_working_after_a_windows_update/