Question My microphone is only picking up noise

Apr 21, 2021
A few weeks ago my mic was working perfectly fine, but now it only picks up background noise I suppose, if I touch the pc the noise gets quieter and if I earrape in the mic it even picks up my voice, but only in a robotic tone
you can listen to an example here, but watch out as it is really loud
here is the recording
I already tried reinstalling windows completely and formatting the drive, tried out quite a few realtek drivers and one time it worked, but I don't know what for 2 days, now the problem came back and I have no idea what it is
I'm using windows and I'm currently using realtek 6.0.1.7841
I have a ryzen 3 2200g
asus b450m-k prime
marvo H8323 headset
using an njoy 500W power supply
deepcool tesseract case

Last edited:
Need to know full system specs (at least the motherboard and case you are using) and what mic you are using. Laptop or desktop? If Desktop have you tried both front and rear ports? Have you tested it on any other systems? If not do that first to make sure issue is with the computer.

Apr 21, 2021
Need to know full system specs (at least the motherboard and case you are using) and what mic you are using. Laptop or desktop? If Desktop have you tried both front and rear ports? Have you tested it on any other systems? If not do that first to make sure issue is with the computer.
Thanks for the feedback, updated the description. I tried both ports and I have the same problem, the problem is nonexistent with other microphones and the heaset works on a windows 7 laptop