Question My microphone is picking up the computer sound

Aug 26, 2020
When i play some music or any sound on my computer , the default mic (front 3.5 mm jack) records it as input even when i have no mic or headset(speaker) connected. Because of this i cannot play games with my mic turned on which is really frustrating. I have disabled stereo mix. I really need some solution to this because i don't know what to do .

I have windows 10 pro N 64 bit.
Please help .

Oct 21, 2020
I have this exact same problem ever since I built my new pc. The headset worked fine with any other setup except mine (even tried another headset and it's still the same) Let me know if you've found a solution please!!

Nov 25, 2020
I also have this problem. I found a workaround that might work. First thing first I have my headphones plugged in in the rear panel, not in the front one, and I read in some other forums that this might help, but this didn't solve anything for me. What I did is lower the windows volume to 20, and then adjust it with analogic volume controller on the headphones or the speakers. This is because my microphone registered pc audio, but with a lower volume, so I tried this and it works. It's not a proper fix, but it worked for me. Hope I'm beeing of help.

TRENDING THREADS